More uniform buttons from Carol’s collection:
Corps of Commissionaire
The international movement of this Corps dates back to 1859, initially to arrange work for Crimean War veterans. The first corps was raised in Melbourne in 1877.
The current Corps of Commissionaires was registered in New South Wales in 1939, then based in Victoria from 1946, and now has members around Australia. It is an ex-service welfare and and philanthropic organisation. It helps veterans transition to civilian life and runs a Veterans Centre at the Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital, as well as supporting cadet services.
Google “pursuit of excellence” and you come up with school mottos, sports psychology, books, TV shows and even a music score. There are also awards associated with Rotary, the National Funeral Directors Association and schools and sporting clubs!
Does anyone wish to claim this button?
Crown Melbourne Opened in Melbourne’s Southbank in 1997 after operating from a temporary location on the Northbank since 1994. It is a resort with three hotels, a casino, restaurants and entertainment.