Commonwealth Cadet Corps
These buttons date 1906-1910. King Edward VII died on 6th May 1910.
In 1906 His Majesty King Edward VII established the Commonwealth Cadet Corps, to embrace the existing Cadet Corps existing around the country into a Federal organisation. The headquarters was relocated to the Drill Hall at Victoria Barracks, Sydney.
In 1910 a Universal Training scheme was instituted, where all medically fit boys from ages 12-19 years had to partake in the Junior and Senior Cadets. This compulsory system lasted until 1929, then reverted to a voluntary one. The Corps was renamed the Australian Army Cadet Corps in 1993.
For all comments and queries, please use the Contact page.