Naval Dockyard Police
Both these buttons are backmarked Stokes Melb. The leftward button has the Tudor, or King’s Crown above the Lazy or tilted anchor, so dates from 1913 to 1952. The anodised aluminium button on the right has the St Edward’s or Queen’s Crown, adopted by Elizabeth II upon her coronation in 1953, and date from then until 1972 when the Force was renamed the Naval Police.
For all comments or queries, please use the Contact page.