1st September 2020

Uniform Buttons

Hobart  Municipal Tramways


No Backmark.

This was a tram service provided by the Hobart Electric Tram Company, established in 1893.  This was compulsorily bought out by the Hobart council in 1913, becoming the Hobart Municipal Tramways. It was phased out then replaced by a bus service by 1968.

The Tasmanian (Launceston), 7th April 1894 page 2 of supplement.

Libraries Tasmania: 1922  https://stors.tas.gov.au/NS4023-1-163

The Mercury (Hobart), 21st September 1943 page 12. “The latest double-bogey type”.


Wesley College, Melbourne

No backmark. Worn 1980.








The St Kilda Campus of Wesley College opened in 1866 with one student. It was the first registered school in Australia. It provided boarding until 1980. A Cadet Corps was started in 1867 and continued until 1975. A second Campus at Glen Waverly opened in 1966. The school became co-educational in 1978. Ten years later Cato College, formerly the Elsternwick Campus of the Methodist Ladies College, merged with Wesley.

The Australasian (Melbourne), 14th January 1893 page 40.


General Government Service button

Stokes & Sons Melbourne 1953-62.

For all comments and questions, please use the Contact page.