Royal Australian Naval Brigade
The Royal Australian Naval Brigade (RANB) was a division of the Citizen Naval Forces during World War 1 and the immediate post war period. Members were either volunteers or compulsory trainees who served shore duty or sea duty. According to https://www.navy.gov.au/brief-history-royal-australian-naval-reserve the title for the naval reserve of ‘Royal Australian Naval Brigade’ dates from January 1917 until 1920. However, the term was used in media from 1914-1931! Cossum’s pre-1910 dating must be in error.
Royal Australian Navy
A history of Australia’s naval uniforms worth looking at https://www.navy.gov.au/customs-and-traditions/brief-history-australian-naval-uniforms-0
The Royal title was bestowed in 1911. In March 1928 a new style of RAN button was introduced, comprising a vertical stockless anchor replacing the previously worn ‘lazy’ anchor.
General Staff are officers, enlisted and civilian personnel responsible for the administrative, operational and logistical needs of defence forces. They provided communication between command and operational staff.
Tasmania Mental Hospital
The Hospital for the Insane was located in Humphrey Street, New Norfolk from 1859; renamed from the previous Lunatic Asylum instituted to care for unwell convicts. In 1914 it was renamed the Mental Diseases Hospital, from 1934 the Mental Hospital then in 1937 Lachlan Park Hospital.
In 1968 in was again renamed as the Royal Derwent Hospital.