25th April 2021

Distributor’s Buttons

R. J. Harvey & Co.

State Library of Victoria, image #2099341 circa 1888.

Punch (Melbourne), 7th February 1918 page 15.

Reuben John Harvey (1869-1946) had been the senior partner of this company of tailors’ trimmings importers, started around 1895.

The Age (Melbourne), 14th June 1919 page 12.

His business moved from Queens Walk to 210 Swanston Street around 1923 then to the Nicholas Building in 1983.  The company was deregistered in 2012. For a photo of the business in the 1950s, see  https://viewer.slv.vic.gov.au/?entity=IE7239218&mode=browse

For all questions and comments, please use the Contact page.