Don Tailors, Broken Hill
See also the entry for Syd Ingerson, Adelaide at http://www.austbuttonhistory.com/branded-buttons/branded-buttons-tailors-buttons-s-z/
In 1945 this business was incorporated with Bon Marche, drapers.
Mc Cowan & Co, Broken Hill
Charles M’Cowan came to Adelaide from South Africa around 1880 and worked with James Marshall & Co there until 1885. He then came to broken Hill to enter into partnership with an old friend, Mr Peter Morrison (see below). After the partnership dissolved, he continued alone in the premises later occupied by ‘Don tailors’ (see above). The business was brankrupt in 1906 and the stock sold in 1907. He left the district and died in 1915.
P. Morrison, Broken Hill
Peter Morrison continued as a tailor on his own after the partnership with Charles finished. This was from around 1890 until 1918. He retired to Adelaide, but the business retained his name until around 1925.