13th Infantry Battalion (Macquarie Regiment)
The button displayed on Cossum page 43 has the Queen’s crown above the number 13 in Roman numerals.
The battalion was initially raised at the start of WW1, then demoblised in 1919.
It was re-raised as a militia unit from 1921, then amalgamated with the 33rd Battalion in 1942.
it was re-re-raised during 1942, with the name changing from the Maitland to the Macquarie regiment in 1952. In 1960 it became part of the Royal NSW Regiment.
Please leave any comments or queries via the contact page.