Prahran & Malvern Tramways Trust
Image used with permission. Backmark Stokes & Sons Melb
This tramways was established in 1907, although it had been proposed as early as 1891 but delayed due to the financial depression of the 1890s, then by years of negotiations.
The Age (Melbourne), 24th September 1907 page 6.
Punch (Melbourne), 28th October 1909 page 27. The mayor of Prahran drives in the first spike.
The Australasian (Melbourne), 4th June 1910 page 34. The Official Opening of the tram line, with the first car leaving the “barn”.
The Australasian (Melbourne), 3rd February 1917 page 52. Electric trams built at the P & M Glenferrie Road works.
It existed until until 1920 when it was merged with the Melbourne & Metropolitan Tramways Board.
The Argus (Melbourne), 3rd February 1920 page 6.
For all comments and queries, please use the Contact page.