5th Infantry Battalion (Victorian Scottish Regiment)
The Victorian Scottish Regiment started as a volunteer unit in 1898, being absorbed into the Commonwealth Military Forces in 1902.
Many men of this unit served in the 5th Battalion during WW1, so post war the regiment was designated as the 5th Battalion.
The battalion was called up for 3 months compulsory training early during 1940 before performing garrison duty in WA and NT. The photos below are likely to have been taken during the 1940 training.
They continued until 1960, becoming the 1st Royal Victorian Regiment and are now remembered as part of the 5th/6th Battalion, Royal Victoria Regiment.
Please leave any comments or queries via the contact page.