Please leave any comments or queries via the contact page.
Royal Melbourne Golf Club
The club was established in 1891 and received the Royal prefix in 1895. It is the oldest continuously existing golf club in Australia. (There were previously short lived Melbourne Golf Clubs in 1854 and 1888.)
It started on rented land in Caulfield, then moved to Sandringham as the original land was being sold for housing. This land was later sold with the club moving again to the current location of Black Rock (the ‘West Course’) in 1931. A second course in Cheltenham (the ‘East Course’) was begun in 1929.