Revisiting Birmingham once more.
William Elliott & Sons
William Elliott founded his firm around 1818 in Regent Street, specialising making naval and army uniform buttons. He took out five patents for improvements in button manufacturing between 1837-1851, including one for a fancy silk button with a centred pattern that was so successful it made the firm one of the largest in Birmingham. He also improved upon the 3-fold linen button patented by John Ashton.
Around 1850 the firm was taken over by partners Dain, Watts, and Manton, which became Watts & Manton in 1869.
For all comments and queries, please use the Contact page.