Yet more from Carol’s uniform button collection.
Brighton Yacht Club
This club was established in 1875 as the Brighton Sailing Club, becoming the Brighton Yacht Club by 1876. The first Club House was built in 1877. In 1924 the Royal Warrant was granted.
Holdfast Bay Yacht Club
The Holdfast Yacht Club was established in 1883. In 1998 it merged with the Glenelg sailing Club to form the Adelaide Sailing Club.
Royal Motor Yacht Club
In 1909 the Motor Boat Club of NSW changed its name to the Motor Yacht Club. In 1927 it was allowed the Royal prefix. They have operated from Pittwater since 1926. For their history see https://www.royalmotor.com.au/the-club/rmyc-history
Royal Queensland Yacht Club
The club started as the Brisbane sailing Club in 1885. it was renamed the Queensland yacht Club in 1894 and gained the Royal title in 1902. Queen Elizabeth approved the name change to Squadron in 1961.
Royal Yacht Club of Victoria
Established as early as May 1853 as the Victorian Yacht club, it is one of the oldest in Australia. it received the royal title in 1885.