Yet More Tailors’ buttons
W. Mayger, Broken Hill
Mr William Frederick Mayger worked as a tailor in Broken Hill from 1898. In 1906 he bought the business of Mr C. Painton. He retired to Sydney in 1933 and died in 1936, and was remembered as a keen member of the Druid’s Order, the Mason’s Lodge and the Friendly Society.
G. W. Dinsmore, Albury
George Wesley Dinsmore opened his tailoring shop in 1882. He was still in business around 1920, and died some time before 1936.
M. Justine, Albury
Mr Mathew Justice (1830-1898) was already working as a tailor in Dean Street, Albury from around 1860. In 1897 a fire badly damaged his two-story building. He died of a stroke in 1898, being described as “one of the oldest residents of the Albury district.” He had “imported all his own goods, (had) two large workshops and retained twelve hands, but employ(ed) no female labour.” Two of his sons, Alex ( 1863-1920) and Harry (1870-1907), were also tailors.