The name Leda was trademarked in December 1957. “Leda by Beauclaire” appeared in advertising in 1958-9. After that the name Beauclaire disappeared, although Leda buttons continued to be sold until the late 1960s. Around 1963 General Plastics was losing its battle to stay afloat.
The Embassy card dates from c.1959. Some time in the early 1960s the cards changed shape to allow for the “free matching cotton” so the influence of G.Herring (called Beutron Australia Ltd from 1963) was evident as G. Herring had been using that marketing gimmick from 1949; see the card on the left. Leda buttons appeared both with and without the cotton from around 1958, but dispensed with it around 1965. Leda cards were produced until 1967/8 (as shown by the printing of decimal only prices) then disappeared.