12th October 2021

Tailors’ Buttons

H. Berriman & Co., Adelaide

Evening Journal (Adelaide), 12th may 1902 page 1.

Harri Berriman ( 1863-1952) was born in Buniyong, Victoria but moved to Adelaide some years before 1888.  In 1920 the firm moved from the Citizens’ Building to Gilbert Place. The firm continued for 8 years until 1940, when owing to the ill-health of Mr Berriman, they finished trading.


C. H. Williams, Victoria Square

Daily Herald (Adelaide), 16th May 1919 page 3.

Charles Henry Williams opened his own business in 1916, after “many years” as a cutter for C. Birks & Co. In 1919 he moved from the Central Market to Victoria Square. From 1920 the business was referred to as “Williams, tailor” in advertising.  They were still operating in 1954.

The Advertiser (Adelaide), 14th October 1932 page 8.