ARC Industries Ltd.
Cufflinks by Sheridan, Perth.
This company was established in 1920 in Victoria as Australian Reinforced Concrete (A.R.C.) Engineering Company Pty. Ltd., to provide reinforced concrete products to the construction industries.
A branch was opened in Sydney in 1928 then in 1948 Ovaweld Ltd in South Australia was purchased. By 1935 it had diversified into weldmesh for fencing and other products. In 1951 it was floated under the new name ARC Industries Ltd. They described themselves at that time as “designing engineers and manufacturers of steel and wire products to the building industry and public utilites”.
Due to takeovers and mergers, it became Hume A.R.C. in 1982 then Smorgan ARC in 1987, part of the Smorgan Steel Group.
Please leave any comments or queries via the contact page.