1st May 2021

Colonial Uniform Button

Adelaide Times, 19th July 1855 page 3.

Trinity House was incorporated in the UK in 1514 to promote the safety of shipping and welfare of seamen. A Trinity Board, named after this, was established in Port Adelaide in 1851. It controlled pilotage, lighthouses, bouys, beacons, wharves and port improvements. In 1860 it was combined with other marine authorities to become the Marine Board.

These are 2 Trinity House buttons, unknown era, for sale in NZ. Image used with permission.