1980s Beutron Sample cards.
G. Herring established G. Beutron (Hong Kong) Limited on 21st May 1954 with Cornelius Ney, brother of Marshall Ney, as the manger. According to https://industrialhistoryhk.org/64226-2/ they then built a four story, 12 000 square foot factory, “Beutron House”, in Aberdeen to make polyester buttons. The firm became ‘Herculoid Far East’ on 20th August 1957. In 1964, seventy-five workers were producing 25-30 tons of buttons and blanks per month. The firm was dissolved on 24th February 1984.
NB: Herculoid was a trade name for cellulose plastic.
Cook, Son & Co. Ltd, Hindley Street Adelaide: “Where Men Buy Best”
For some reason four South Australian uniform buttons by Stokes & Sons as well as a couple of shirt buttons have been mounted on a give away card from Cook’s store. Perhaps the bottom two are original?